I love to celebrate Mother’s Day because I have the absolute best mom in the world! She is always there for me, she is caring and compassionate, deals with my craziness and has taught me to be a confident women.
If you are a busy bee like me and always shop last minute (sorry mom-love you) I have a few quick and thoughtful ideas to make mom smile on Mothers Day!
Homemade Picnic in the Park
- Get fancy with gourmet sandwiches (make them yourself or visit the sandwich artists at publix), mimosas, hummus, grab a blanket (or get a heavy duty table cloth from party city) and spend a few extra minutes in the kitchen making your mom’s favorite dessert. Top off this thoughtful day with a hand written card with the top 10 things you love about your mom!
All Mom’s Favorite Things
- Start the day with making mom her favorite breakfast
- Grab a few of your mom’s favorite movies (or ones you used to watch together when you were little) and spend some quality time relaxing together
- End the day with a trip to her favorite restaurant or cook her favorite meal
- Make her smile with a gift basket of all her favorite bath and beauty products
A Box of Memories
- Grab an old shoe box (make it look pretty-back to the days of Valentine’s Day card boxes)
- Fill the box with old pictures and mementos from your childhood that remind you of your mom
- Include a handmade coupon book with special activities for mom (movie date, car wash, shopping day, home made dinner, etc)
Pictures Say Everything (my mom loves anything to do with photos)
- Picture Blankets
- Canvas Prints
- Get a standard photo album and fill it with pictures of you and your mom since you were a baby
If all else fails and you run out of time, I suggest a really nice hand written card telling her how much you love and appreciate her!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms!!! I hope you have a relaxing and special day!